Sunday, December 30, 2012

An Almost Finish! and a Sweet Little Dress and a First!

I so enjoyed making this quilt! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it finished! It is made from 2 Moda layer cakes! Some great friends of mine purchased this quilt for a Christmas gift for their parents and the quilt now resides in Pennsylvania! I hope they enjoy it and it brings them much warmth and comfort!


Let me give a little credit to my unwilling models and quilt holders! My husband is on the right and his trapping buddy is on the left!
 
This sweet little dress is made from the Moda Bliss collection!
 
 
Happy New Year and Happy Sewing!
 
 Oh! I almost forgot!!! I did something I said I would never do! I made a Rag Quilt! Didn't find it to be very challenging or creative and fussed the whole time I was making it, as one has to sew the wrong sides together rather than the right sides! I had great difficulty with that!!! Having said all this, I loved the finished product and I loved that it was so quick to put together! I will be making another one! Sorry for the Iphone pics...the truth is I am to lazy to get out the good camera!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Glenda! Love that quilt - it's HUGE! Hope your Christmas was a happy one. I'm not sewing at present - it's too darn hot here but I am missing it so will have to do SOMETHING soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt - I love the scale of the pieces - and that looks like a lovely selection of fabrics (your models aren't bad either :) ).

    ReplyDelete