Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and First Finishes!

This post has been edited to answer inquiries from friends.

This baby quilt is for Baby Paislee. God bless this precious baby with health, love and long life. The tumblers were so much fun to make!
This is one of my "creations". I wanted to learn some new techniques, so this is my practice run! I think this is the best binding I have ever done! Helen, yes, it is machine appliqued (I promise I didn't have a clue what I was doing)! This pattern was loosely inspired by a pillow I saw on Cluck Cluck Sew's sight.
I quilted this on my Janome 6500. And yes, Reenie, the quilting was quite intensive. I learned sooo much doing this little wall hanging. My biggest problem when doing machine quilting is that I get in a hurry and don't rest when I get tired, resulting in sloppy work.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Glenda! I LOVE the baby quilt - the colours are gorgeous! I'm still to do a tumbler quilt.... one day! Your "creation" is absolutely beautiful - is this machine applique?... another method I have not tried!

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda...I am speechless! Those are both FABULOUS!!! Did you quilt that second one?? That is some mighty intensive quilting. The design is just wonderful. You have such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda...I am so jealous! You are one talented and prolific quilter. Your quilts are all so beautiful, I find it hard to belive you are new at this. Also, how in the world do you work full time, take care of your family and find the time to do all of this awesome quilting? Like I said I am so jealous!
    Also wanted to let you know that my blog site has a new address and a new look. Come visit me soon!
    It is: www.missdquiltypleasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete